Pushkin Trust Book Launch – Nearness of Ice
Stakeholder was tasked with organising a book launch on behalf of the Pushkin Trust for the reveal of its latest funded literary project, a book recounting the Arctic Convoys of WWII called ‘Nearness of Ice’. The book was collated by author Kate Newmann following interviews with the remaining Northern Ireland based survivors of the convoys.
The Pushkin Trust wanted to ensure that the veterans were the focus of the book, the event and the media coverage to celebrate and recognise their extraordinary feats.
The ethos of the event was that it was an ode to the bravery of these men, most of whom are in their eighties, and that they deserved the spotlight of the media to be shone upon them at a special event attended by The Duke & Duchess of Abercorn and the Russian Ambassador Dr Alexander Yakovenko.
What we did…
Keeping in regular contact with the Pushkin Trust and Kate Newmann, Stakeholder organised every detail of the event from beginning to end.
- Selected a well renowned, accessible and interesting venue in the Crescent Arts Centre and worked with them to make sure catering, audio/visual tech, accessibility, VIP parking and general logistics of the event were taken care of to the highest standard.
- Created imagery for the invite, lectern dressing and projector display through our in-house design department.
- Organise the attendance of guests – ensuring the veterans and their families were assisted in every way possible to be able to attend.
- Registration – veterans, family, VIP guests & media
- An interview schedule for those attending the launch & pre-event media interaction that would feature in NI daily newspapers and regional publication in the areas where the veterans were from
- Two television features, one on BBC Newsline with Mervyn Jess and the other on NVTV
What the Pushkin Trust had to say….
“Having worked closely with Stakeholder in the past we were confident that they would be perfect to deliver this special event on our behalf and exactly how we envisioned it. We briefed the team and with regular updates and were happy not only to see the plan progressing but be part of the success.
They utilised their media knowledge and contacts to the full to secure quality coverage both pre and post event across all media platforms.
With a clear vision their communication internally and to the press was concise and on message, delivering a very successful PR launch and event.”
The Irish News Workplace and Employment Awards – 5th Anniversary
The Irish News Workplace and Employment Awards are Northern Ireland’s first and only awards dedicated to recognising those involved in human resource management, recruitment and the development of premier working environments. Stakeholder first engaged with the Irish News marketing team in 2007 when the idea of the Workplace and Employment Awards emerged.
Since then we have worked in partnership with the Irish News and have created a unique large-scale awards event attracting entrants from across a range of disciplines culminating in a black tie gala awards ceremony each year with in excess of 400 guests. Speakers such as Tim Campbell, first winner of The Apprentice, and Gerald Ratner of the renowned Ratners Jewellers Group> The eventsold out year on year despite the challenging workplace and employment landscape. Below is just one of the many endorsements we received which testify to the passion and high delivery standards at Stakeholder Events.
“Yet again I am lost for words. The feedback from everyone has been truly genuine and sincere in regards to how much they enjoyed the night. Every aspect of the night has been commented on – professionalism, organisation, guest speaker ….. the list goes on. The input from yourself and Caitlin has honestly been inspiring. The Irish News is indebted to you. I was hoping year five would be good, but it was indeed special.”
John Brolly, Marketing Manager, The Irish New